Friday, December 11, 2009

hot mess rests

listening to love songs and
drinking mint tea
is a far better way to spend the day than
being productive.
reminiscence makes me 
want
to
cry and vomit
so i avoid filling my stomach with
anything but
this tea, here
and a tear or two
slipping between my moist lips
and swallowed whole.
(these last four months have created a disaster)
and i sit
waiting
for answers and questions and exclamations 
of anything but
want and need.
what if? what if?
maybe i've made more mistakes since
you
than i ever will
for the rest of the time i
breathe in the sweet scent of
nothingness
and the steam streaming from my mug
is nothing but a
screaming voice unheard
waiting to be let free.
he
is not the object of my affections
and i obviously don't know anything
at
all.
(hotmess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment