Friday, January 1, 2010

first, not quite the worst

good evening i say,
ready to face
the blowing drift twisting
of white powdery puffy stuff
outside my bedroom door.
(i have two doors that lead to my bedroom,
less for convenience than for necessity.)

out there are judgments
and opinions
and thoughts and words spoken
lightly or maybe more solidly
furious
like when people get upset about 
the state of affairs in which
we tend to live.

here, though, we have become isolated
and arguments are about groceries
and feelings
and nothing like the academia
from whence i came.
opinions stem from
nothing less than one local newspaper
that is slowly becoming a rag
i'd rather not wipe my feet on.
(strangely, it is that rag that started me on this writing rampage in the first place.)

enough, i say
ready to face another day
the next in a new decade of 
new newness fresh and clean
(a clean machine lifted me yesterday and
prepared me for this progression)
and maybe 
instead of braving the cold crisp air
and january firstness of weather attacks
i will wait to see
what the second will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment