Monday, December 19, 2011

Hunger

Self-worth.
Measure the moments of happiness
contrast with sadness
and feel.


Free verse is a medium
in which
I feel home.


Sitting in
a hallway in
a building full
of people
I feel strange.


Odd.
As if we are all
here for one thing and
pursuing millions of
molecules of
oxygen.
I feel breathless.


And now
learning feels like life.
And here
we are connected brains
conveniently going
where all students have
always gone before.


Walking in the same footsteps of
millions before us and
removing our personalities in
pursuit of something less real.
I feel gone.


And we worry
but worry is never met with
peace of mind or
change or
relief.
I feel-


I feel as
though my heart
has been ripped out and
stomped on and
I picked it up and
brushed it off and
moved on.


Today is a day in
which we have not
begun to realize that
we are one.
I feel safe.


Safety is
like becoming a
recluse or
some sort of
ridiculous monstrosity of
popular culture and
surrounding yourself in
friendships and
drowning in black coffee and
chex mix in the middle of the night.
I feel hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment