Friday, November 20, 2009

bodies

let's cuddle and watch that movie you were talking about
if by cuddling you mean muscles twitching
forced
kept in one
position for far too long.
We Are Not Alone.
instead, of course, we become one here
under these blankets
and the sun comes up and then
i realize that i can't move my arms.
crooked in the awkward form
of you.
(it's hurts, but in a good way)
and i'll never stop remembering your shape
against my own.
skin on skin, freckle on freckle
each zit matches the next
your skin has broken out in to a multitude of
imperfections
and my skin is smooth like
it boggles your mind
and my hands are not quite as smooth
but
they can still feel
the world
around
me.
come back and run your hand down my arm.
feel
my
sweet
skin.
and don't ask me how
i got these freckles
ask me how my sores are healing.
ask me why my scars are
where they are
i don't know if every story is real
or memorable
but i'll make one up to see your smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment