Thursday, November 19, 2009

third time's the charm

for a broken heart. 
we were young and free and real
and we loved each other
relentlessly.
after one year
you took advantage
of that love.
and i came back
loving unrequited.
but everything had changed
and i was ashamed.
for a whole year,
i was ashamed of myself
for weakness, for rewarding
that disgusting act that you
had no trouble
performing.
after that year you
punched me again,
ripping my heart out in a different way.
i was convinced that you were lying
i was convinced that you were scared
i am still convinced that
your feelings
for me
are too huge to fathom.
two months hence
it was time
to say goodbye.
and yet, i'm the one still here
waiting for
something
to put my faith in once again.
three strikes, you're out
but you won't leave.
the universe
tortures
my crushed heart. 
(and today is the worst)

No comments:

Post a Comment