Monday, November 16, 2009

smile.

free like laughing
hysterically
doubled over in stupid silly happiness
and embracing a moment so divine.
my body's shock is dispersing
slowly, like sugar
seeping out of my pores
painful but, well, transparent
and a welcome respite
from the world to which i belong.
i have been released
if only for a sweet sweet sugary moment.
i suppose my bones have been shaken
i suppose my life has been changed
but i've turned the page and allowed
the universe to let me laugh.
hysterical.
once again.
the cold seeps in and
i shiver
but the laughter warms the senses
and the air.
forceful, like the personality
of the comedian
that creates this life.
leaves rustle and my muscles twitch
achy from dissatisfaction
and disbelief.
embrace the ridiculous.
the hilarious.
the farcical.

No comments:

Post a Comment