Monday, November 23, 2009

Together we were

Together here we were
that futon crackling under the weight of
imminent dismay
destruction
and two days of unfortunate waiting.
That last time together I allowed you to
take advantage of my 
fear and anticipation
and I remembered nothing.
I have repressed so many images of
us, together we were and I can't stop
remembering small things,
real things that I am not proud of.
I can not believe we have nothing to show for
the two years we were together and
those nights spent crying and clenching fists.
I'd rather forget the good parts because
I remember that we were happy
together, we were.
Confusion sets in and I just want to forget
the nights spent laughing and the nights spent
in each other's arms together, we were.
Now we are apart and I do not want
to be together the way we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment